Portable HDD Regenerator - Hard disk drive is an integral part of every computer. It stores all your information. One of the most prevalent defects of hard drives is bad sectors on the disk surface. Bad sectors are a part of the disk surface which contains not readable, but frequently necessary information. As a result of bad sectors you may have difficulties to read and copy data from your disk, your operating system becomes unstable and finally your computer may unable to boot altogether. When a hard drive is damaged with bad sectors, the disk not only becomes unfit for use, but also you risk losing information stored on it. The HDD Regenerator can repair damaged hard disks without affecting or changing existing data. As a result, previously unreadable and inaccessible information is restored.
- Ability to detect physical bad sectors on a hard disk drive surface.
- Ability to repair physical bad sectors (magnetic errors) on a hard disk surface.
- The product ignores file system, scans disk at physical level. It can be used with FAT, NTFS or any other file system, and also with unformatted or unpartitioned disks.
- Starting process directly under Windows XP / Vista / 7.
- Bootable regenerating flash can be created from the program and used to automatically start regenerating process.
- Bootable regenerating CD allows starting regenerating process under DOS automatically.
Comparing to previous versions, the new 2011 code has been completely reworked. Here are some of improvements of the new version:
- Prescan mode (very useful for fast determination of bad sectors location, if a hard drive has a large number of bad sectors. Saves your time. Bad hard drives are scanned in this mode even faster than good drives!)
- Normal scan mode has faster scanning speed
- 4K sector size support
- Automatic process resume in any mode (except CD/DVD)
- Multiple hard drives better support
- Real-time hard drive state monitor (will be available soon, currently limited)
- Other enhancements (including temperature indicator, convenient range of sectors selection, bad SMART status indication, overheating indication, etc.)